London wedding, portrait and event photographers

Tuesday 14 September 2010

Family portrait photography at the "Lavender Fields"

In true man there is a child concealed - who wants to play! 
Friedrich Nietzche

 Having photographed the Corte Dei Signori at work (see previous blog here), Dani asked me to have a picnic with his family in the Lavender fields and then to take some family photographs.  Janet, Dani's wife has a great love of lavender fields and you can certainly see why.  The fields are incredibly beautiful, with endless rows of thick, bushy lavender.  I was expecting the smell to be slightly overpowering, but it was so gentle it provided for the perfect setting.  

As a London family photographer, I have worked in a variety of different places, but it isn't often that I see such a beautiful location so close to the center of town.  We had a picnic lunch of cheese and bread fresh from Italy that week.  
After lunch, I photographed the family in a variety of poses using a reportage photography style as well as a slightly more formal and posed style.  You can see the full range of shots here.  As a family portrait photographer, I find the best shots come from taking a step back and just allowing the family to play together.  My favourite shots are the more relaxed and natural ones where it seems that they are sharing a hilarious moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment