London wedding, portrait and event photographers

Saturday 18 September 2010

Balham Street Festival Photographs


"Don't buy the house, buy the neighbourhood" 
Russian Proverb

I don't think the Balham festival is known yet on the international festival circuit, but it certainly exceeded my expectations and gave Balham that 'villagey' feel that people often say describes it.  All the usual faces were there, including Gemma from White Iris Flowers, Dani from Corte Dei Signori, Ron from Robbies Photographic, and hundreds of others that had come to see the various entertainers. 

As I wasn't there as an official event photographer, I was able to potter around and take a few pictures of the comings and goings of the various people.  It was so lovely to have such a neighbourly feel to Balham and to see people mingling, meeting new people, laughing, giggling and sharing such a lovely day.

I had only recently been on the street photography course with Digital Photography magazine, so I was trying to put my new skills into practice to photograph the various people and expressions.  You can see the full selection of pictures here.

1 comment: