London wedding, portrait and event photographers

Thursday 22 July 2010

York Wedding Photography

Albert Einstein said that "Imagination is more important than knowledge".  Who am I to question Alby, but even with that little gem, I felt that knowledge and imagination could be a great thing as a wedding photographer.  Instead of being a London wedding photographer for the weekend, I grabbed my passport, camera and cassette tapes to learn northern phrases and headed for York where I was scooped up by Hull Wedding Photographer, Andy Crozier.  Andy and I worked together many moons ago as portrait photographers in Canada.

I had a great day, learning about different ways of doing things, from little things such as coordinating the confetti shot to larger and more important things like always carrying a pen knife in your bag for whatever emergency arises.  Amy and Dan, the bride and groom, were really, really lovely people.  So happy and friendly (I think it's a northern thing). I've attached a couple of the wedding photographs I took on the day for you to take a look at.

Andy is such a great photographer and always has a great rapport with his clients so it was lovely to see him in action.  If there is one thing that I have taken away from the day, it's that being a wedding photographer is more than just taking photographs.  It's a about putting all the pieces of the wedding day together; co-ordinating all the parties, the reception staff, the caterers, calming the bride and groom, moving the day on at the right time, keeping guests informed and most importantly, knowing how to attach the wedding buttonholes!!!

2 comments:

  1. PalmCovephotography.com are providing couple , Port Douglas Weddings photography and we have become one of the leading service providers in photography and video graphy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the post! Really such a nice and decent information shared here with awesome stuff…
    Generally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me.Photography Schools
    Thank you, very great article.

    ReplyDelete