London wedding, portrait and event photographers

Tuesday 6 July 2010

Fitness Photography

 
Prince by name, body building Prince by nature!

I met Prince in the magistrates court in Kingston (no I hadn't been naughty - it was back when I was training to be a lawyer!) he was one of the security guards looking after a prisoner I was working with.  In his spare time he worked on his body.. and a lot of work he must have put in too!  To photograph muscles it is important to get your subject to warm up first to wake up the muscles to make them more prominent.  I felt guilty making him do endless press-ups, but he seemed happy enough.

These are just a few of the pictures I took in the studio that day.  We used a mixture of light sources, but I found that one hard light was enough to give him a mean angry face and defined muscles.  This kind of lighting wouldn't work so well for female portrait photography but it worked well with Prince's muscular body.  The problem is that Prince's character is so charming and quiet it didn't seem to quite suit him.  It was all I could do to get him to stop giggling and grinning!

No comments:

Post a Comment