London wedding, portrait and event photographers

Wednesday 27 October 2010

Wedding photography for a perfectly simple wedding at Islington Town Hall and Almeida restaurant in Islington

"As my mother used to say - the more pretentious the wedding, the less likely the marriage to survive."
Oliver James - author and clinical psychologist

If Oliver James' mother is to be believed, A and D will be together forever.  As a female London wedding photographer, I have seen a few weddings and this one seemed so simple it almost brought tears to my eyes.  D seemed so happy and calm, it seemed like the marriage was the most natural thing in the world.

I met A and D before the wedding for a pre-wedding shoot, where we walked around and found a beautiful garden in Angel, North London to take the wedding photographs.  We tried a variety of couples poses on a sunny Sunday so that we could whiz through the them on the wedding day.  We walked to the Islington town hall and took some photographs by the grand entrance and next door on a grass lawn of a mansion building. 

On their wedding day, I met D at her flat in Angel, where she presented me with a glass of non-alcoholic champagne (which I would definitely recommend to anyone that doesn't drink) and introduced me to her parents.  We took a few family photographs outside the flat before I left to go to the town hall and photograph the groom and his family.

The total wedding party consisted of eight people, and it felt so lovely and intimate that I felt like one of the guests rather than the photographer!

As always, a sample of pictures are above and the rest of them are here.


No comments:

Post a Comment