London wedding, portrait and event photographers

Saturday 7 August 2010

Joss and Ed's wedding photographs

What can I say?  This was such a magical day and so lovely of Joss to ask me to photograph her wedding in Guildford, Surrey.  Joss spent the day telling her guests that we used to play post offices when we were little.  I'm terribly embarrassed that she remembers, because I was pretty strict about my post office and not letting anything get out of order.

I hadn't seen Joss for about 20 years (when we last played post offices!) and she had changed a little.  Aside from being taller (!), she was the most beautiful bride and so easy to photograph.  Joss and Ed got married in Guildford Registry Office which is a lovely little venue, with great light falling in through the window onto the bride and groom to help make the wedding album look even better.  

The day began with a couple of hiccups: the hairdresser missed her train, so off I dashed in the car to grab her, and bride's brother getting locked in the car and an emergency rescue mission being launched (i.e. his mum dashing back to unlock said car and whisk him back to the waiting registrar and bridal party).  But other than that, the day went smoothly.

The wedding breakfast was held at Gate Street Barn wedding venue in Bramley.  The Barn is tucked in the Surrey hills to give a very intimate feel, but with enough space to take lovely relaxed wedding photographs.  Fortunately, I grew up in the area so was able to be a Guildford Wedding Photographer for the day without getting totally lost on the lanes that aren't even on the map!!!

So as usual, I've posted a selection of the Guildford wedding photographs above, but the full album is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment