London wedding, portrait and event photographers

Tuesday 29 June 2010

Interior photography for Hannah the yoga teacher and builder!

I met this very charismatic yoga teacher at a fair I did last Christmas.  She had more energy than most people I know put together, had a hilarious story about attempting to sell helium balloons on a windy day, which had me in stitches and knows her way around a car fuse box.  As well as her yoga business, she is also working as, well, a builder (I'm not sure if that would offend her interior design skills).  She needed some interior photographs for her portfolio so asked me to become a North London photographer for the day (a bit different from my usual portrait photography!)

She and Ash (her partner in business, life and crime (not real crime, I should add)) picked me up in their Land Rover, the genuine sort, not the Chelsea tractor sort, and handed me a coffee and muffin and off we went to this beautiful flat in Chancery lane. 


Interior photography isn't something I'd tried my hand at before, but I found it so calming.  There is none of the pressure of event photography and no need to rush, everything can be done in your own time.  I did miss the human interaction (that rubber ducky just didn't have any good chat!) but found the whole thing quite calming.  To top it off, Hannah and Ash gave me a beautiful green yoga bag that I'd had my eye on at the fair as a thank you.

Here is a picture of them hard at work.... their skill and dedication obviously paid off because their next door neighbours have asked them to interior design their flat as well!

1 comment: